Monday, August 4, 2008

Advertising and Marketing

Our second research assignment was on how e-commerce technology has changed the way businesses engage customers and promote their products and services.

I started with a brief show and tell of Amazon's suggested products. I buy almost all of my textbooks from Amazon, so they have a quite an interesting mix of technical books that their data analytics recommend for me. Then thanks to Annie Chun's Noodle Bowls that we buy from Amazon, other prepackaged Asian noodle dishes...

Next I admitted that I enjoy shopping at Express and I showed off my impressive collection of email offers. Surprisingly, after two weeks of not shopping there, I get a $20 off coupon, then a week later, a $30 off coupon. It is almost as if they are trying to get me to come back...

Thank you data analytics!

No comments:

Post a Comment